Pages

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Thrifting, crafting and gifting

Today, my dear hubby took the kids to his parents' house and I stayed home to work on Christmas. This year, I am staying out of the mall and giving from the heart -- handmade gifts for most of the family.

I got up early this morning to meet my good friend Michelle at Goodwill for 1/2 price Saturday. I found some awesome stuff... including decent amounts of fabric for several projects and cute, sassy t-shirts for making tote bags (thanks to Marie for the inspiration). I came home with a big ol' blue IKEA bag full of stuff for only $22. Gotta LOVE it!

I spent my entire afternoon and evening at the sewing machine (just stopping long enough to eat). Put music on and sewed sewed sewed. The finished products? Six aprons finished aprons, plus cute matching gift bags that stitched up quickly from the scraps. Check 'em out.

Three aprons.

Detail of first three aprons. Three more aprons. Detail of three more aprons.

Finished gifts in their little bags.


6 comments:

Michelle said...

Those are CUTE!! I can't wait to see the Tshirts.

Melinda said...

I can't believe you made those! You are so talented. I would never know they were made from something you picked up at Goodwill.

Anonymous said...

VERY cute!

Anonymous said...

So cute. Good for you.

Leigh Steele said...

These are so gorgeous. I love the contrasting fabric patterns.
what a great gift idea: useful and cute!

mb said...

i am thoroughly impressed.

mb