Pages

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Apology

Dear Readers,

I'm sorry I've been grumpy lately. There's something about myself that I want to explain, so you will maybe understand me a little better.

To my blog and my friends, I may (okay, not just may, but do) complain too much. Because I can, to you. Overall, this pregnancy has been a good one, since I have nothing bad to report, no complications or difficulties other than some minor annoyances. But it's safe to complain to my family and friends--they know and accept me, they listen and they don't question things like my plans for midwifery care and homebirth.

To the outside world, I have to put on a different face. The rosy, cheerful, "everything-is-great" face. I feel it's my job to project the vitality of pregnancy, the normalcy of natural birth and be a positive influence on their opinions of doulas and midwives. That's why I don't believe in venting to the "public" -- I prefer to educate on a positive note rather than try to prove a negative point.

It can take a lot of energy to do that. When I let it out to you, it's because it gets tiring to handle it all and still show a smiling, "I feel good!" attitude to the world. And I do feel good. Most of the time. I want you to know that. And I want to thank you for making me feel safe about resting my head on your shoulder in those moments that I don't feel so good. Because I appreciate the support. Always.

Love,
Little Bit

4 comments:

Jen said...

*hugs* from here...and bitch all you need. I know I did more than my fair share towards the end as well. :) I'm glad you're getting things done though. Remember to call for help if you need it!

Unknown said...

Vent away - glad to be on the journey with you :)

Leigh Steele said...

I love your balance. You really have this gentle wisdom that I adore.
Your baby is a lucky one. :)
Love to you,
Me

Doulala said...

My Dear Little Bit, oh how I love you! You can vent as much and whenever you need to. You always have my shoulder.