Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Why did I...

Just spend $50 to order a stroller part when I am trying to figure out how to clothe this new baby on the cheap?

Cuz it's for the stroller I paid $200 for five years ago, and I can't bear to part with it.

When E. was a baby, I found this great deal on a Peg Perego Plikomatic (it was a great deal at the time). This stroller has been through everything with us, it folds up like an umbrella stroller (tho a bit on the chunky side) and has a rearboard step for an older child to hitch a ride. I researched strollers for months when I was pregnant with her... this is what I settled on. So when the seat got a hole, I knew I was going to replace the seat, not the whole stroller.

A bit obsessive? Not more so than the friend who buys a different stroller every three months. (You know who you are.) At least she buys used/recycled in her quest for the perfect stroller. Despite that, she has probably spent more on strollers than I have, and I'm only up to $250. (You know this is all said with love, natch!)

So, anyways, I'll be washing up the Peg (which hasn't been used in a good, uh, year or so) and putting on the new seat when it gets here, all ready for the new babe ride around in style... when it's not in a carrier or sling that is. (Another obsession, more on that later.)

Oh my, this is real! There is a baby on its way!

2 comments:

Leigh Steele said...

um, at least you didn't spend $800 on a bugaboo frog. yep, that's us.
you won't believe me, but it was my hubby who HAD to have it.
i will say...we got every penny worth of use out of it. it's nice. BUT, worth $800? puh-lease.
i rather like your inventive and practical choice and re-use.
you go, mama.
and yes, it's real. and you are lovely.
i can't wait to meet this babe of yours.
xoxo

Michelle said...

First, can't wait to meet the babe!! Second, I am not even close to the 250 you have spent!!
Come on, you know that I got that great Combi at GW that I sold for 3x the cost! ;) It's ALL about the resale baby!
But yes, I will admit to being stroller obsessed...although, I think we have finally found the perfect "two" that we need! (for now)