Pages

Monday, April 14, 2008

Baby

Christian was born on April 6 at 10:53 am, in the water at home. We are doing great--feeding, changing, watching, learning about each other.

The labor was intense. Long. Frustrating. My second back labor, posterior sunny-side-up baby. Foggy, yet some parts were startlingly clear. I am not ready to write the birth story yet. It may take some time. I have to process and figure out how to compose it first. Call me if you want to hear about it. I can talk it through, but not write it yet.

He is perfect. Precious. I am truly unworthy of the honor it is to be his mother. I feel like a first-time parent all over again, but with a certain calm and ease that the first-timers would pay any price to get in those initial weeks.

His sisters are obsessed, to the point of fighting over the amount of time he spends on their laps. E has a devouring fascination with him that she cannot control--I am constantly demanding her to give him space, back off, take her fingers out of his mouth, etc. M is more reserved, but concerned and loving in a tender way that makes me so proud of her. I wonder how long the interest will last?

It is an amazing feeling to have a son. It is still settling in. I always thought I would have all girls. The fortune-teller was wrong. I am blessed with a boy!

2 comments:

Jen said...

I'm just so happy for you! Was hoping to call and stop by today, but L is hot - so I'll stay away...LOL on E's constant "love" for C...and I hate to tell you, it may last a while...like years *eyes rolling*
Much love - can't wait to hear more. Will call when L is healthy again...

Anonymous said...

oh, i was lying in bed this morning actually wondering if and when you'd post this. :)
i'll be calling in the near future...
congrats, brilliant warrior mama.
soak up the babymoon...
love,
leigh