Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2007

I (Heart) Goodwill

Anyone who knows me knows that I like shopping. I like to shop. (See Retail Therapy links to the left.)

But, on a budget, I have learned to get creative. Gone are my days of lunch hours at Macy's. So long to the $300 binges at Robinson's May. I no longer look at even the Clearance section on Gap.com -- sigh.

But, I can justify the savings (and recycling) of visiting a few yard sales and Goodwill stores each month. And, I found that Twice Az Nice in Chandler has my kind of fashion, for which I can trade in the stuff that no longer fits!

So, to gloat, here are the spoils of my recent "personal maintenance sessions":

Red I.N.C. Sweater + French Cuff khaki skirt = $12
Coral floral Eddie Bauer skirt = $5.99
Green Self-Esteem top + green Style & Co. skirt = $8.49
Red b.i.y.a.y.c.d.a. top + floral Bandolino skirt = $14
Forest green J.Jill shorts = $5.99 (not shown)
Pink embroidered silk I.N.C. top = $4.99 (not shown)

If you don't care about brand names and all clothes are just clothes, go ahead and write me off as shallow. If you know how nice wearing good brands can make you feel, then go ahead and be jealous!

P.S. I won't be telling which Goodwill I shop at. HA!

2 comments:

Doulala said...

I hate shopping but I love a bargain. Will you be my personal shopper?

Unknown said...

Please take me shopping with you :) I too am a label whore at times. My budget has made it more and more difficult...